Announcements and Important Events
Hall of Fame Nominations: The John Burroughs High school Hall of Fame has been set up to recognize athletes that have performed at the highest levels in high school as well as in college, Olympic, or professional. The Hall Of Fame will also honor coaches, administrators, and other contributors to the success of programs at Burroughs High School. The Burroughs High School Athletic Hall of Fame is located in the foyer of the main gym and will include a display on each member. Please nominate a person by e-mail that you think deserves to be a member of the JBHS Hall Of Fame.
Marty Garrison Athletic Director
The John Burroughs High School Hall of Fame:
Class of 1955 induction into the " Hall of Fame":
Track -(Pole Vault) -1953 Silver Medal -Rome Olympics
California State Champ 1952 and 1953 (13' 11")
USC All American
Class of 1967 induction into the "Hall of Fame"
Track-2nd in State 200 @ 100
Basketball-All CIF 2 years
Class of 2000 Induction into the "Hall of Fame"
Mike Mc Donald
Pro Football LA Rams
Football-All CIF- All American
Class of 2005 Induction into the "Hall of Fame"
JC All American-Saddleback Hall of Fame
University of Arizona - All American
All CIF 2 years
Coach Bob Dunivant
All CIF Basketball
University of Pacific
Coach George Rosales
Class of 2006 Induction into the "Hall of Fame"
Coach Bill Flora
Basketball Finals 1955
Lieutenant on the USS Winged Arrow-WW11
All Pac 10
Coach Brian Hurst
UC Santa Barbra
Eric Kramer (81)
Football-All American Pierce CC
Pro-QB Chicago Bears
JC- All American Softball
Class of 2007 induction into the "Hall of Fame"
Lettered 3 years. In each Varsity Sport
San Diege State
Coach Kale Canfield
Softball 3 years All-CIF
University of California
Coach Ken Tada-
Football-Tennis-ASB President @ ASB Adviser
Coach Lynn Ryerson-
1st. Girls Interscholastic Coach
Class of 2008 induction into the "Hall of Fame"
Baseball-1st Team All-CIF
Coach Leon "Shorty" Shortenhaus -1956
Jim Lloyd- Assistant Principal-Athletic Director -1960
Football-1st team All CIF
University of Davis
Softball,Basketball and Volleyball
Coach Terry Scott-1985
35 years dedicated teaching:
Football- All CIF
All CIF Football-Track
University of Davis
Class of 2009 induction into the "Hall of Fame"
Mike Kodama-1986-2009 Head Soccer Coach -7 League Championships
Mary Ann Wagner -1986 - All CIF Volleyball Inducted:
Dr. Keith Jarbo-2000 Foothill Player of the Year Basketball -1st. All League Football Pepperdine University
Alfonso Tucay: 1997 1st team All League Water Polo- First Team All American (UCLA)-
Mary Alvord - For Her Unwavering Support of the Memorial Renovation Project- Burbank City Manager and Park and Recreation Director
Class of 2010 Induction into the "Hall of Fame"
Kim Peppi-Kueln-Basketball - Softball:
Mike Sheppard- 14 year coach NFL- Football :
Jeff Fitzgerald - 1977- Football-NFL coach:
Coach "Hutch" Hutchinson - 1st Football Coach -1948:
Class of 2012 Induction into the "Hall of Fame"
Members of the 1955 Basketball Team:
1. King Archer, Terry Arnold, Bill Bloom, Tom Crawford, Burton Dole, Steve Foster, Mickey Ford, Nick Georgino, Jack Marshall, Brian Marshall, Roger Morris, Gordon Muhethaler, Jerry Persinger, Don Pulford, Tom Shollin, and Tom Waterman.
2. Brady Riggs - Golf
3. Jayleen Romberger-Budwig-Coaching
4. Ron Stillwell - Baseball
Class of 2013 - Induction to the "Hall of Fame"
1. 1981 Football Team-CIF runner-up
2. Kim Farrell-Basketball
3. Mickey McNamee- Baseball
4. Suszy Babko-Basketball-Volleyball-Track
5. Marty Garrison - Athletic Director
2014 -Induction into the "Hall of Fame"
1. Jay Gudzin-Assistant Principal-Coach-Football
2. Eben Britton-Football-NFL Player
2015-Induction into the "Hall of Fame"
1. The 1987 Football Team- Coached by Butch McElwee
2. Mike Krose - Track Coach, CC Coach, Golf Coach,
2016 - Induction into the "Hall of Fame"
1. Ginal Punaro- Softball, Basketball, Track
2. Keith Knoop - Football Coach
3. Dave De Long - Track Coach
2017- Induction into the "Hall of Fame"
1. Kyle Cremarosa -Football-Basketball-
2. JK Scott- Football-Basketball-Baseball
3. Debbie Gudzin - Athletic Secretary
4. Emily Tubert- Golf
5. Craig Switzer - Track Coach
6. Ron Webacker- Football - Basketball
7. Randy Simmrin